I constantly hear people speaking about how tight their fall back game is. So, I wanted to give individuals a way to access how strong their fall back game is. For those who don’t know, a person’s “fall back game” is when they remove themselves from a situation. This can be done gradually or suddenly. Recently, I have heard the term more when individuals are speaking on relationships with the opposite sex.
Some of the reasons that one may “fall back” from a relationship are:
* Lack of truthfulness – Someone who may consistently lie which creates doubt about their ability to be honest and upfront with you.
* Lack of fidelity – Someone who has secretive and/or inappropriate (sexual) relationships with the opposite sex that was not agreed upon as being acceptable by both individuals within the relationship.
* Lack of attentiveness – Someone within the relationship is not having their mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual needs met by their partner. Please note that it is not for your partner to provide all or the majority of your needs in any category. Your partner should however contribute to each of these aspects within your life. Relationships are about elevation on every level and if it doesn’t exist then……
* Lack of sincerity – Someone in the relationship is attempting to make something that is not the case appear as the truth.
* Lack of personal growth – Someone in the relationship is not trying to progress and deal with forward movement within their own lives.
* Lack of financial security – Someone in the relationship is not financial stable and is not doing what it takes to fix or enhance their current financial situation.
* Lack of stability – Someone in the relationship does not have basic necessities and in truth should be focusing on securing them verses maintaining a relationship.
Now those are just a few of the main reasons that I notice that individuals say that they are “falling back”. Listed above are very justifiable reasons to distance yourself from a relationship that may be a product of poor timing or other circumstances. Keep in mind that not all of these issues will be presented up front but instead manifest themselves as the relationship progresses. This is why taking your time and being observant is an important factor in the development of any relationship. In any situation you have to open and honest with your personal truth. If a relationship does not enhance the faculties of the individuals involved then it serves no purpose and is a disservice to all the people involved. My take is if you are observant and take your time, then a “strong fall back game” is not needed. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @NakeashaJ and on Instagram @Melanated_Beauty.