Puy your lighters up and light the candle for Lil Kim’s birthday. Kim has made her mark in Hip Hop history as the Queen Bee of rap, and a fashion icon. Kim’s fearless, edgy fashion styles throughout the years has undoubtedly influenced a lot of today’s styles and trends. To celebrate her birthday, here’s a list of her top 5 show-stopping looks (Photo credits: Getty Images & Wire Images).
5. Bralettes have been worn for a very long time. But who else can make a fur bralette look this good? Lil Kim rocked this during the 1999 Net Aid, a concert at Giants Stadium in Meadowlands, United Kingdom with matching fur boots.
4. How many times does Kim have to say that she’s the Queen? She definitely showed us this time wearing this shimmering ensemble at the 1999 VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards Show.
3. Lil Kim certainly had everyone buzzing wearing this bedazzled caged headpiece at the 1998 Lady of Soul Awards in Los Angeles.
2. What do you wear when it’s hot outside but there’s a bit of a cool breeze? One-legged silk pants. Kim rocked this outfit with her signature platinum blonde hair at Interview Magizine’s 30th Anniversary Presents David LaChapelle’s Book Signing Party at Kit Kat Klub in New York City.
1. This look is legendary. You can’t think about Lil Kim without thinking about that time she popped out to the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards in a purple jump suit, revealing one boob, with the purple wig to match. Many people tried to imitate this look after, but remember where you saw it first.