The link between hip-hop, film and television goes back decades. Hip-hop has been the inspiration behind several storylines and featured in a multitude of soundtracks. On the flip side, music artists have also been influenced by the big (and little) screen, and implemented those works of art into their visuals.
Below are five music videos that pay homage to a few classic television shows and movies, such as Martin and Paid in Full. From Big Sean, to Fab, and Kanye, these big-time rappers have recreated different series and films in their music videos, with their own unique twist. Check them out below.
- Big Sean ft. Chris Brown, and Ty Dolla $ign “Play No Games” – Martin (1992-1997)
2. NxWorries (Anderson .Paak & Knxwledge) “Scared Money” – Paid in Full (2002)
3. Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B “Finesse” – In Living Color (1990-1994)
4. Fabolous ft. Chris Brown “She Wildin’” – House Party (1990)
5. Kanye West “Fade” – Flashdance (1983)