Jay-Z Makes up and Takes Photo with Philadelphia Mayor Post Festival Drama Ime Ekpo August 1, 2018 Digital Entertainment, Hip Hop News | Trending Hip Hop Stories After a brief period of drama over the housing of his Made In America annual festival, Jay-Z and the Mayor of Philadelphia have made up and even have a photo to prove it, Billboard reports. Mayor Jim Kenney took to Twitter on Monday and shared a photo of himself with Jay-Z penning his excitement for meeting the Hip-Hop notable. The photo was taken right before Hov’s show at the Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia for the On the Run II Tour where he joins his wife Beyoncé. “Really enjoyed meeting Jay-Z tonight,” the mayor tweeted. “We’re both very excited about the future of @MIAFestival here in Philly.” Really enjoyed meeting Jay-Z tonight. We’re both very excited about the future of @MIAFestival here in Philly. pic.twitter.com/dUK3ErNvRv — Jim Kenney (@PhillyMayor) July 31, 2018 Last month, the Mayor’s office announced in a statement that the Made In America festival will be held on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway for last time this year. The grand two-day festival has harrowed criticism and noise complaints from neighbors of the boulevard, despite the effective benefits it has brought to the city of Philadelphia. In the statement, the deputy communications director for the mayor’s office Sarah Reyes said that the MIA’s role in the city has changed saying that since its ability to heighten the city’s tourism industry, there is no need for the festival to take place of the Parkway. “When the festival first started, it was intended to provide a unique attraction to the city on the otherwise quiet Labor Day weekend,” Reyes said. “Over the years, tourism has grown overall, and the need for an event of this scale at this location may no longer be necessary.” However, the city did not rule out the two-day long Labor Day weekend fest’s future chance at coming back to Philly. “It’s unclear how MIA will want to proceed in the future, but the city is interested in discussing alternate locations within Philadelphia for future years,” the statement said. “We are interested in discussing the festival’s future with the producers and look forward to continuing a partnership.” Jay-Z responded to the unforeseen evicted through an op-ed on the Philadelphia newspaper, The Inquirer where he stresses his disappointment in the city for refraining from a respective notification and disregard for MIA’s impact. “We are disappointed that the Mayor of the City of Philadelphia would evict us from the heart of the city, through a media outlet, without a sit-down meeting, notice, dialogue or proper communication. It signifies zero appreciation for what Made In America has built alongside the phenomenal citizens of this city,” the rapper wrote. After the op-ed, Roc Nation Chief Operating Officer Desiree Perez and Mayor Kenney made an official agreement to keep the festival in Philly under the condition both parties addressed operational and community challenges that follow the festival. “I am greatly appreciative of everything that Made in America has done for the City of Philadelphia and I remain committed to its continued success,” the mayor said in a statement. As of now, it looks like the Made In America festival will remain in Philly for the year of 2019. Of course, the city will surely see top acts such as Nicki Minaj, Meek Mill, and Janelle Monae rock the Parkway this year as the aforementioned are slated as headliners. The two-day festival will take place on Sept. 1 and Sept. 2 and tickets can be purchased right through the fest’s home site.