Ghostface Killah is ready to take a serious trip back to the mid-nineties. The tracklist for Ghostface Killah’s thirteenth studio album The Lost Tapes has been revealed and the 13-track project is filled with features bound to Classic Hip-Hop nostalgia.
Matt “M80” Markoff, the longtime A&R ace of Ghostface, revealed the tracklist in an exclusive take with HipHopDX. Outlined with 13 songs, the album cups an array of features from disciplined lyricists and undisputed legends Raekwon, Big Daddy Kane, Snoop Dogg, Cappadonna, Sheek Louch, E-40, KXNG Crooked, Planet Asia, and surplus more.
The album was produced by established, yet mysterious underground producer Big Ghost, who many speculate is Ghostface Killah on incognito mode. According to M80, Big Ghost certainly has his own identity that is dissociated with the legendary storyteller.
Markoff, who also serves as the album’s executive producer, says he expects the album to gratefully impress Hip-Hop heads and Wu-fans alike. The apparent goal for this project is to finally give Classic Hip-Hop enthusiasts the type of lyrical content they have been petitioning for, for nearly two decades. Based on the tracklist and title alone, The Lost Tapes manages to covet nostalgia.
“This new Ghostface and Big Ghost album is definitely something that is going to blow the minds of Wu-Tang and Hip Hop fans alike,” Markoff told HipHopDX. “Our collective goal in calling it The Lost Tapes was to bring fans back to that Ironman/Supreme Clientele/Cuban Linx era.” He continued, “We set out to revive that, update it for 2018 and just like that, we have a certified 2018 Wu-Tang banger on our hands.”
The album has started to make its rounds with the release of its first single “Saigon Velour,” featuring Snoop Dogg, E-40, and LA the Darkman.
Earlier this year, Ghostface announced he will be putting out an EP in 2018 along with “a whole bunch of new FIRE.” It looks like The Lost Tapes is that anticipated gem and the Wu-legend is on the verge of making his 2018 mark.
The Lost Tapes is set to drop on October 5. Right now, fans can pre-order the album here. The first 1,000 CDs will come with an autographed poster, an entire bonus EP, and more. Check out the track list, below.
The Lost Tapes Tracklist:
- Introduction f. Michael Rappaport
- Buckingham Palace f. KXNG Crooked, Benny The Butcher & .38 Spesh
- Majestic Accolades f. Planet Asia & Hus Kingpin
- Cold Crush f. LA The Darkman, Ras Kass, Chris Rivers & Harley
- Put The Ghostface On It [Interlude 1]
- Saigon Velour f. Snoop Dogg & E-40
- Constant Struggle f. Killah Priest & Bishop Lamont
- Done It Again f. Big Daddy Kane, Cappadonna, Styliztik Jones & Harley
- Reflections Of C.R.E.A.M. [Interlude 2]
- Watch ‘Em Holla f. Raekwon, Masta Killah, Cappadonna & DJ Grouch
- I Think I Saw A Ghost f. Sheek Louch, Vic Spencer, Reignwold & Luke Holland
- Outroduction f. Michael Rappaport
- Saigon Velour [Remix] f. Snoop Dogg, E-40 & Tricky