Another Sunday night, another Awards show. Last night, the 40th annual American Music Awards took place at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California. Nicki Minaj was a big winner, taking home the awards for Best Hip-Hop/Rap Album and Best Hip-Hop/Rap album. Nicki also performed “Beauty And A Beat” with Justin Bieber, as well as her single “Freedom” off the “Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up” album. Rihanna won for Best R&B/Soul album. Here’s a rundown some other highlights from the show.
– Usher opened the show performing his hit singles “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop,” “Numb”, and “Climax.”
– Pitbull performed the singles “Don’t Stop The Party” and “Feel This Movement” with Christina Aguilera.
– Stevie Wonder paid tribute to Dick Clark by performing hit singles “Master Blasting (Jammin)”, “Sir Duke”, and “Mi Cherie Amour.”
– Swizz Beatz performed with Chris Brown and Ludacris on the single “Everybody Birthday.”
– YouTube sensation Psy performed “Gangsnam Style” with a surprise appearance by MC Hammer and they performed “Too Legit To Quit.”
– 50 Cent and Hayden Panettiere presented the award for Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Artist.