Hood Health 101 shows you the most practical(and cheapest) ways to improve your health
By Tamara El
With the highest incidence of disease of any nation in the world many living in America need a wake-up call in regards to their health. Many factors have contributed to the present eroding state of health and lack of knowledge to prevent disease; or, the recovery of disease through proper nutrion, excercise, discipline, and detoxing. Now you may notice I left out “dieting.” Many times when we go on diets we want instant gratification and set short term goals to loose weight. The problem with this way of thinking is that once the diet ends you stop practicing all the good habits you set in place before the weight lost and gain all the weight back, plus more. It is a lot easier to set life time goals and practices when one applies discipline to their daily routine.
Fresh raw organic foods contain all the nutrients neccessary for good health, growth, maintenance, and repair. Cooking foods destroys from 35 to 85% of the nutrients contained within them. The general masses of people are becoming more natural food and raw food conscious, and as a result many of them are staying away from processed foods. Try shopping with local farmers/co-ops and even learning to grow your own food! You will not only feed your family, you will also help the planet Earth be a more sustaining place to live.
In todays society there are plenty of ways to stay fit and active. Excercising for an hour helps increase your heart rate and will also build up your heart muscle. Hiking, walking, rock climbing, dancing, yoga, cleaning, cycling, martial arts, and the thing that couples do? It rhymes with flex; yeah i think you get the point here. Moving on…
Our bodies, particularly our digestive tracts, tend to hold onto substances that enter after time. *This may be toxins, preservatives from foods that we eat, or just waste that is not being properly disposed of by the body. Whatever the cause, the end result is that you may feel bloated, weighed down, unusually tired, and therefore, health problems may result out of this. Detoxing helps rid the body naturally of toxins. You don’t have to go to extreme measures as so many cleansing programs will tell you to do.
1. Simply fasting for a day or two and replacing foods with natural juices made from fresh fruits and vegetables can really help. You don’t have to do this often, but you should make it a priority in your life.
2. Get in more sleep each night.
3. Eat more fiber in its most natural form.
4. Try fasting for a day or two (When you give your body a chance to rest in this capacity then it has time to recuperate and rejuvenate).
5. Cut out simple carbohydrates (white sugar, flour, and salt).
6. Learn to properly manage your stress.
7. Two 8 oz glasses of water in the morning with lemon and cayenne pepper added to it
8. Detoxing Herbs (*Dandelion*Turmeric*Milk Thistle*Cypress*Hydrangea Root *Gravel Root)
Try not to look at these methods as a chore, but rather a way to take care of yourself. Figure out what works best for you and then try out new methods for naturally cleansing a little bit at a time. Learning to truly take care of yourself in this way is a great step towards better health. You will notice that the symptoms that may plague you on a daily basis tend to go away almost instantly, and the end result is a better version of yourself. Peace!