COMMITTEE ON HOUSING AND BUILDINGS TO HOLD OVERSIGHT HEARING ON VACANT PROPERTIES ACROSS NEW YORK CITY
BROOKLYN, NY: Council Member Jumaane D. Williams (D-Brooklyn), Deputy Leader and chair of the Committee on Housing and Buildings, will preside over an oversight hearing, “Vacant Properties in New York City: How Many Are There and What is the City Doing About Them,” in order to discover the city’s existing strategy for increasing the availability of income-targeted housing for those who need it, and to discover new strategies for their development/preservation.
Council Member Williams strongly believes that, to address the crisis of affordability in housing, the city cannot build its way out of the problem; instead, the city must develop creative and practical solutions to helping low and middle income families afford a basic human right: safe, affordable shelter.
Members of the Committee on Housing and Buildings:
- Council Member Jumaane D. Williams, Committee Chair
- Council Member Robert E. Cornegy, Jr.
- Council Member Rafael L. Espinal, Jr.
- Council Member Karen Koslowitz
- Council Member Mark Levine
- Council Member Rosie Mendez
- Council Member Antonio Reynoso
- Council Member Ydanis A. Rodriguez
- Council Member Helen K. Rosenthal
- Council Member Ritchie J. Torres
- Council Member Eric A. Ulrich
Partial List of Invited Organizations:
- NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development
- Mayor’s Office of Legislative Affairs
- Legal Aid Society
- Urban Justice Center
- Rent Stabilization Association
- Urban Homesteading Assistance Board
- Citizens Housing and Planning Council
- UJA – Federation of New York
- Tenants and Neighbors
- Metropolitan Council on Housing
- Picture the Homeless
- Small Property Owners of New York
- Cooperative Village
- Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums
- Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development, Inc.
- Fair Housing Justice Center
- Queens and Bronx Building Association
- Community Board Representatives from all five boroughs.
WHAT: Committee on Housing and Buildings: Oversight Hearing on Vacant Properties Across the City of New York.
WHERE: Council Chambers, City Hall
WHEN: Friday, February 28th, 2014 at 1 PM.
CONTACT: Nick E. Smith, email@example.com, or 917-608-8784.
For more information on the City Council and other political matters please hit us up at RandyKFisher@gmail.com.
Posted by Charles Fisher and Randy Fisher (Twitter @HHSYC)