Share:

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mail
  • Copy URL Link copied
  • Text Message
  • Reddit



r-HEALTHIER-TACO-BELL-large570Taco Bell shocked foodies everywhere when the fast food chain announced that its beef is in fact only 88 percent beef. Customers were left scratching their heads trying to figure out what the other 12 percent was. 

Well wonder no more. Taco Bell now features an explainer on its website to explain what the other 12 percent is.

They’re common ingredients also found in food items at your grocery store,” the company states. “Each ingredient helps make our Seasoned Beef taste great. Many of them are items you might use at home such as salt, peppers, and spices. Ingredients like oats and sodium phosphates help make sure the texture is right.

Other ingredients include modified corn starch, torula yeast and lactic acid.

Advertisement

Visit Taco Bell’s website for the complete breakdown.

-Erika Benton-Martin (@leftcoast_rika)