This week’s edition of HH101 focuses on the effects of thought on our lives
Do you know how powerful a thought is? Did you know that regardless of your circumstance, you can achieve anything that you have the determined idea to do? I know that these questions might sound stupid to ask, but you would not believe just how many of us do not know this. I mean, every day in “the hood” we see those who have abandoned their dreams and aspirations due to the seemingly hopelessness of their situations. Difficulties in life have made casualties and cowards out of many of us. Listen, life happens and every situation that you encounter is what is needed for you to move into the next stage of your life. There is no such thing as being able to avoid hard times. I however, you can see past the struggle enough to embrace it; you will be surprised at the results.
Below is the most important question that you should ask yourself:
What is your passion?
Yes, that’s it! That is the most important question that you need to ask yourself. Before you can start to travel down the road, you must know your destination. That component right there is the hardest part. Without vision beloveds, you are simply wandering aimlessly. It is also important that you don’t limit yourself on how many things that you are passionate about. I encourage you to explore all of your passions and pursue as many as possible. This way you have a body of work that gives you marketable skills. Never shrink yourself, because your life is only as vast and wondrous as the courage you possess.
You know your passion, now what?
* List the issues or obstacles that are in your way
* Create a plan to alleviate those obstacles one by one
* Do not wait until all of your obstacles are cleared; begin living your passions now (even if it is only part-time, give time to your passions)
* Surround yourself by others who are passionate about the same things
* GO HARD! Success is never easy and much is required from you, but you can do anything you put your mind to
How to stay in the zone?
* Eat, sleep, and breathe your dreams
* Network with individuals who are living your passions
* Find a mentor or mentors who can teach you more about the things related to your passions
* Do something every day that is linked to your passions
* Never lose the excitement of discovery
* NEVER FEAR failure, defeat, or loss