The cell phone to most teenagers is like an infant, its well taken care of and it’s in our hands at all times. The phone companies probably warned you about the dangers of a cell phone which includes overheating or its in the manual – you know, that book like thing that comes in the box that no one ever reads. Although, sometimes you can actually feel the technology overheating most people ignore the heat throbbing from their phone, it’s not a good idea.

Visit for more information

13 Year old North Texas girl put her Galaxy s4 smartphone to charge right before bed only to be awoken by the smell of something burning.When she began searching for the origin of the smell, she realized it was her phone under her pillow. The cell phone was fried into an unrecognizable figure of plastic with melted components. Her pillow, sheets, and mattress also suffered from this disarray.

According to FOX 4 news, the incident left the family startled:


“We have a reasonable expectation that the products we buy are going to be safe,” the girl’s father said. He told FOX that he suspects that the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a fire.

“Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously,” a representative said.

“We have offered the customer a new device, and we are working to retrieve the product so that we can investigate what happened. We strongly advise all customers follow the guidelines of CTIA for care and handling wireless batteries. Additionally, our user manuals warn customers that phones must have adequate ventilation and airflow and should not be covered with material such as bedding.”

Please, be careful when dealing with any gadget and note that a mismatched or poor-quality charger or charging cable can put you at risk for a fire, too.

– Asada Nicome