DJ Whoo Kid’s “The Famous As F*ck Tape” is scheduled to be released on October 28, 2014 through SMH Records.
The full-length album, is being called a “tape” and is loaded with guest features from Crooked I, Royce da 5’9, Twista, Cyhi The Prynce, Inspectah Deck of Wu Tang Clan, Dizzy Wright, Wordsworth, Vito Banga of Nappy Roots, Russ Smith, Kool G Rap, Sadat X, Skyzoo, Troy Ave, Horseshoe Gang and more.
The anticipated album “tape” is produced by Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith and will be available in both digital and physical formats. And by formats we mean CD, Cassette and Vinyl.
Cassette you say?? Wow! Nostalgic!
Speaking of nostalgic, Hay and Smith indicate that the album is inspired by Quincy Jones’ albums from the past, with the duo even hiring some of Jones’ musicians to encapsulate that sound on record. “Being at our own recording studio over in Charlotte Mike and I worked with Crooked I on the single called ‘I Did It Anyway,” said Hay.
”That was definitely a highlight and it was the last song we wrote for the album. Another highlight was working with Russ Smith, one of the greatest Louisville Cardinals of all-time. He did a great job. Really, everybody on this album did a great job.”
Check out the album’s track list:
01. Intro: The Lesson Of The Moth (Colorblind and Reclusive feat Roc Raida)
02. What’s Wrong With Me (Crooked I feat A Surprise Guest)
03. Razzy Dazzy (Remix) (Jonathan Hay featuring Pink Grenade and Russ Smith)
04. Sink Or Swim (Mike Smith featuring Ren Zo and The Bride)
05. These Broken Wings (Not 4 Sale) (The Bride feat Inspectah Deck of Wu Tang Clan)
06. 3 Days in LA (Jonathan Hay feat Dizzy Wright and The Bride)
07. Gossip (Horseshoe Gang feat Twista and The Bride)
08. Flower In The Addict (Jonathan Hay feat Cyhi the Prynce and Vito Banga of Nappy Roots)
09. Another Mirror (Mike Smith feat Crooked I, Pink Grenade and Marsha Moyo)
10. The Blue Notes (Jonathan Hay feat Skyzoo The Bride and Jerome “Bigfoot” Brailey of Parliament Funkadelic )
11. Rolling (Mike Smith and Side Project Propaganda feat Kool G Rap and Sadat X)
12. I Did It Anyways… (Crooked I feat The Bride)
13. Nobody Knows (Instrumental Therapy) (Jonathan Hay feat Sylvia Massy)
14. Knocking on Raps Door (Horseshoe Gang feat Mike Smith and Pink Grenade)
15. Whiskey Woman (Mike Smith feat Russ Smith, Wordsworth, Vito Banga of Nappy Roots and Side Project Propaganda )
16. The Basement (Lights Out) (Jonathan Hay feat Royce da 5’9, Mike Smith, The Bride and Ren Zo)
17. Interlude: The Social Experiment (Mike Smith)
18. Andy Cohen (Pink Grenade featuring Mike Smith & Zara Phillips)
19. FAF (Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith feat Royce da 5’9 and Troy Ave)
According to co-producer Mike Smith, the process to work on the album project took well over a year, nonetheless they’re pleased. “Our official SMH Records debut album will be finally released to the masses exactly the way we always intended it to be,” Smith tells The Source.
“I couldn’t be happier. We were very strategic with assembling all of our collaborations and features. This is the absolute final track listing and it won’t change, with the exception of a mystery guest that will be announced by Crooked I at a later time.
Stay up-to-date with SMH Records and The Famous As F*ck Tape at @smhrecordlabel