If the rumors are true and there is no indictment of Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Michael Brown, city officials are making plans for violent unrest

Visit streaming.thesource.com for more information

According to St. Louis Public Radio, Ferguson is preparing for “every possible outcome” of the grand jury’s investigation into the death of the 18-year old.

“I’m just being real. If there’s no indictment and there’s an evacuation situation, then we need to be prepared for that,” city spokesman Devin James told SLPR. “If there is an indictment and there’s celebratory unrest, we need to be prepared for that. The city and the law enforcement agencies are looking at all scenarios.”


Last Friday government officials reported on testimony from Wilson, the officer that fatally shot Michael Brown two months ago in Ferguson, MO. The shooting, which touched off endless protests and riots, is currently under investigation by the Justice Department to determine if Wilson violated Brown’s civil rights.

The New York Times is privy to this testimony though they don’t say how they got it or who these government officials are. In any case, this is how the government reports Darren Wilson’s side of the story:

The police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., two months ago has told investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as he struggled over his gun with Mr. Brown, according to government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the matter.

The officer, Darren Wilson, has told the authorities that during the scuffle, Mr. Brown reached for the gun. It was fired twice in the car, according to forensics tests performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The first bullet struck Mr. Brown in the arm; the second bullet missed.

The forensics tests showed Mr. Brown’s blood on the gun, as well as on the interior door panel and on Officer Wilson’s uniform. Officer Wilson told the authorities that Mr. Brown had punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck.

The officials said that while the federal investigation was continuing, the evidence so far did not support civil rights charges against Officer Wilson. To press charges, the Justice Department would need to clear a high bar, proving that Officer Wilson willfully violated Mr. Brown’s civil rights when he shot him.

If you think that the situation in Ferguson has died down, then you are absolutely incorrect. While coverage by the media definitely fizzled out, the anger permeating the streets of Ferguson still remains as fresh as day old dog food.

-Tamara El(@_SheWise_)