This edition of Hood Health 101 delves into determining your purpose and the journey to fulfill it
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Have you had that conversation with yourself about your purpose and the journey to actualizing that purpose? Are you resolute about your purpose and how to live it? With living your purpose in mind, have you adhered to the path of your purpose filled journey? Have you unknowingly veered off of your path? Have you unknowingly deviated from your path and veered onto someone else’s path? These are just some of the questions that can be asked on the journey to discovering and living your purpose. Finding the purpose of your life is something that we all need to do. There’s a difference between being a seed blowing in the wind and a firmly rooted plant being blown by the wind. Listed below are some tips to assist you with that process.
Discover Your Purpose:
Every person does not know their purpose initially and may have to do some introspection to help determine what that purpose may be.
▪ Determine what you love to do.
▪ Identify the actions that bring you joy and satisfaction
▪ Take notice of what you have a natural talent for
▪ Meditate/Prey for guidance on your purpose
Develop An Action Plan:
Gaining the information needed to properly live in your purpose is vital to you being able to successfully create a path to your purpose.
▪ Research information related to your purpose
▪ Seek opportunities to become involved with activities related to your purpose
▪ Perform activities that are in line with your purpose regularly (If you do any activities for free, then chuck it up to marketable experience)
▪ Find a mentor who purpose may be similar to yours and learn from them
People say, nothing beats a failure but a try. Ultimately, the key to being successful in anything is persistence.
▪ Do not become discouraged when things do not unfold rapidly
▪ Planning, Persistence, and Patience are your best friends (3 P’s)
▪ Surround yourself with visual inspiration
▪ Always remember that success belongs to the one who continues after everyone quits.
Your Path Is Your Own:
We are all unique and our purpose is also unique to us. So once you understand what your purpose is, hold fast to it because it is your own.
▪ Protect your purpose and your journey from those who do not have your best interest in mind
▪ Never allow your purpose or your journey to be convoluted by anyone
▪ Embrace those who inspire and challenge you to greatness on your journey to the fulfillment of your life’s purpose
▪ Be patient and embrace every aspect of your path and your process. Every pit fall and failure has a lesson and a blessing
▪ Planning increases your effectiveness and productivity
▪ Strategic action increases your productivity
▪ Productively executing your tasks and goals WILL have you living your purpose faster
Determining your purpose will not always be an easy task. Often times you may change your mind about what your purpose is or even find that you have more than one purpose. Your purpose is not something that anyone can tell you instead, it’s something that you have to come to know and understand for yourself. Needless to say, spend some time with yourself because it will always benefit you in the long run. Remember to drop by and show me love on Twitter @NakeashaJ and Instagram @Melanated_Beauty.
-Nakeasha Johnson (@NakeashaJ)