B Walker Shoes in Association with Urban Threshold Enterprises Inc presents The B Walker Shoes Jingle Contest
Every so often a brand emerges that revolutionizes an industry. British Walkers is one such iconic brand. Hip hop and fashion have always been inextricably linked especially as it relates to footwear. In the ‘80s, British Walkers were a staple in high-end Hip-hop fashion/footwear. Its status as a classic shoe is not up for debate. British Walkers became the purview of the Flyboy Hip Hop culture, which prided itself on style and innovation.
Equally important, Lakeview Apparel Group (LAG) has re-launched the essence of the legendary brand in the form of B Walkers of London. Classy, Regal, Elegant and Authentic are the best adjectives that describe the B Walker design. It’s a return to style as a source of dignity. B Walkers embody the spirit of Hip Hop. The B Walker shoe delivers supreme comfort combined with finesse.
This is not your father’s shoe. The new B Walkers epitomize the allure of the current Hip Hop generation. It is classic contemporary footwear. In addition to the classic shoe designs featuring the Tassles, Lace Up and slip-ons, there are new styles for the younger demographic (Black Gummy Soul, Camouflage, Quilts, Sneakers, etc). Hip Hop has matured. Making a strong statement about cultural pride is central to street etiquette.
(Enter The B Walker Jingle Contest)
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE B WALKER SHOES JINGLE CONTEST
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to record an original “jingle” that you’ve written, describing the attributes of the B Walker Shoes brand. The entry submission must have a minimum of 2 mentions of B Walker Shoes in the Jingle. The contest is open to singers and rappers. In the jingle please mention the following statements: “If It Doesn’t say B Walkers Of London Its Not Official”
…This is Not Your Father’s Shoe.”
The Grand Prize winner of the B Walker Shoes Jingle Contest will receive $500 in cash and prizes.
HOW CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
– You are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry.
– You are US Resident
• Must be FCC acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language.
• Content should not infringe or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party.
• No defamatory or libelous material or material which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person, without such person’s consent.
• No content or material that is illegal, contains nudity or is sexually explicit, or by law, obscene, profane or pornographic.
• No misrepresentation or disparaging remarks about the Company or its products, or other people, products or companies.
• No content which implies or portrays graphic violence excessive use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
• No content which is abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification. Specifically this includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs (such as the “N” word), threats, intimidations, or hostile acts.
• No content communicating messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Company or Sponsor wishes to associate.
• Must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by B Walker Shoes in the B Walker Shoes’s sole discretion.
• Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
• Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
In order to preserve the integrity of this contest, family members and friends of B Walker Shoes and its subsidiaries are not eligible to participate.
B Walker Shoes reserves the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE CONTEST RULES AND THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE MATERIAL SUBMITTED WHICH WOULD RESTRICT THE RIGHTS GRANTED HEREUNDER. YOUR SUBMITTED RECORDING WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO — USE THE SUBMISSION FOR ANY COMMERCIAL — USE AFTER IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
HOW TO SUBMIT MUSIC FOR THE B WALKER SHOES JINGLE CONTEST
(RECORD YOUR ORIGINAL JINGLE, UPLOAD IT TO YOUTUBE, AGREE TO THE RULES, THEN EMAIL US YOUR INFORMATION ALONG WITH THE YOUTUBE LINK OF YOUR JINGLE)
PHASE 1: SUBMISSION PHASE
The submission phase begins on February 18th, 2015 and ends April 15th, 2015.
• Entry submission should be a recording of entrant performing an original recording
• Music should be no longer than 2 1/2 minutes in length
• Lyrics should not promote irresponsible drinking
• Entry submission must have a minimum of 2 mentions of B Walker Shoes
(In the jingle please mention the following statements: “If It Doesn’t say B Walkers Of London Its Not Official”
“…This is Not Your Father’s Shoe.”)
• Upload your Jingle on Youtube.com
• Label the Youtube Upload as “B Walker Shoes Jingle – Your Name”
• Only one submission is allowed per entrant.
• All entries must follow the Entry Guidelines set forth above.
• You can’t submit to the B Walker Shoes Jingle Contest Unless You Have Read And Agreed to ALL of the rules and regulations.
• If and ONLY IF you have read and agreed to all of the rules of the contest, then email your Youtube link, your full government name, your stage name, your age, your phone number, your city and state to BWalkerContest2015@Gmail.com.
PHASE 2: TOP 20 FINALISTS PHASE
The call for entries will close as of April 15th, 2015. A Selection committee appointed by the executive board of B Walker Shoes will review the submissions. Once the committee has reviewed the submissions, they will choose the TOP 20 FINALISTS. The TOP 20 FINALISTS will be released on April 20th, 2015. The finalists will be contacted and notified that they have been selected in the Top 20. The Top 20 videos will be placed on the B Walker Shoes website and will be voted on by the general public.
PHASE 3: FINAL VOTING PHASE
The Grand Prize Winner of the B Walker Shoes Jingle Contest is determined via Online voting by the general public. (The Voting Process Begins April 25th, 2015 and Ends May 15th, 2015)
The Top 20 Finalist videos will be placed on the B Walker Shoes website and will be voted on by the general public. On April 25th, 2015 the public will be able to vote for the grand prize winner via online voting on www.bwalkershoes.com. The voting process ends on May 15th 2015. The Top 20 Jingle that receives the most online votes will win The B Walker Shoes Contest Grand Prize. THE WINNER OF THE B WALKER SHOES JINGLE CONTEST WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON May 25th, 2015.
Judging criteria voters should use for the contest is based on the following:
• Lyrics incorporating minimum of 2 mentions of B Walker Shoes
• Overall composition of original material
Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per day. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, B Walker Shoes reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion.
OWNERSHIP AND ENTRY LICENSE GRANTED:
By entering you are not required to transfer ownership over your entry to anyone. However, in consideration for participating for the opportunity to win a prize hereunder, by submitting the Entry to us, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sublicense able and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, make available, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Entry (including any title of the Entry and your name and likeness) in connection with the Contest You also hereby grant each user of the B Walker Shoes website a non-exclusive license to access the Entry. If you do not want grant the rights as set forth herein, please do not participate in the Contest.
Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may use such information for marketing purposes, and may include the names of winners in a publicly available winners’ list.
Prize(s). The Grand prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) include:
(1) $500 – Prize Value: – Provided by B Walker Shoes
Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the company within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. B Walker Shoes shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest is offered only to residents of the United States of America.
All Entrants must be 21 years old or older. This contest has no relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Google, YouTube, Facebook or Twitter.
If and ONLY IF you have read and agreed to all of the rules of the contest, then email your Youtube link, your full government name, your stage name, your age, your phone number, your city and state to BWalkerContest2015@Gmail.com.