One thing that most people enjoy is GREAT food right? Now that the weather is warming up outside, here are five places you should check out in NYC.
1. Neely’s Barbecue Parlor– This restaurant is owned by Food Network stars Chef Pat and Gina Neely, located at 1125 1st avenue, New York, NY. If you’re looking for some southern style home-cooked, hearty soul food, this is the place for you to try.
2. Shuko– Sushi has become very popular these days, but not everyone has good sushi. Shuko is one of the top-rated sushi places in NYC. What makes this sushi place a little diffrent is that it offers daily testing menus, and it’s 20 seats, so it’s a little more intimate and not very loud. The menu is based on traditional Japanese flavors. It opens up at 5 pm Mon thru Saturday, so definitely stop in after a long day of work. Location is 47 East 12th st New York, NY.
3. Ricardo Steak House– This awesome steakhouse is located in East Harlem, where art covers the walls and there is a quiet little patio outback. The vibe is cool, laid back, and they play great music. It does get crowded in the evenings and on weekends, so if you can call ahead, make reservations. Location is 2145 2nd Ave New York, NY.
4. Tropical Grill– This place boasts a perfect blend of Puerto Rican and Dominican dishes. It opens at 7 am, and serves EVERYTHING from breakfast to dinner. If you are looking for authentic Latin American food, head over to 2145 Adam Clay Powell Jr Blvd.
5. Settepani– This spot is a blend of Italian/Meditterranean cuisine that is known for their amazing pastries and wine selection. The restaurant is stylish, and offers both indoor and outdoor seating. They offer all sorts of muffins, scones, cannolis, baguettes just to name a few. You can order wholesale, and they offer catering as well. Every Thursday from 7 pm to 10 pm, they also have live jazz, which sounds pretty cool. Located at 196 Malcolm X Blvd New York, NY.
This list is just a few places to try; of course there are plenty more. If there is a place you know of that’s good that didn’t make this list, leave a comment on Twitter or Instagram at @hersource.