HBO’s new show Vinyl will debut on Sunday, February 14. The 1970s period drama was created by Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese, Rich Cohen and Terence Winter. The show follows Richie Finestra (Bobby Cannavale), the CEO and founder of a record label called American Century. Finestra is tasked with navigating the changing music industry, finding new talent, his family (Olivia Wilde plays his wife), addiction and much more.
Similar to Empire, HBO will be dropping a weekly digital EP featuring each episode’s music. The season premiere will feature songs like Otis Redding‘s “Mr. Pitiful” and Ruth Brown’s “Mama He Treats Your Daughter Mean.”
Vinyl also features original music by Mick Jagger‘s son James Jagger, who plays the lead singer of a band called The Nasty Bits. Century A&R assistant Jamie Vine (played by Juno Temple) hopes they will be her first major signing.
The show boasts a stellar cast. Two emerging talents to watch are Ato Essandoh, who plays singer Lester Grimes on the show and Susan Heyword, who plays Finestra’s assistant Cece Matthews. Check out the soundtrack for Sunday below:
Vinyl: Music From The HBO Original Series – Volume 1
- Ty Taylor – The World Is Yours
- David Johansen – Personality Crisis
- Kaleo – No Good
- Sturgill Simpson – Sugar Daddy (Theme from Vinyl)
- Ruth Brown – Mama He Treats Your Daughter Mean
- Otis Redding – Mr. Pitiful
- Dee Dee Warwick – Suspicious Minds
- Mott the Hoople – All The Way From Memphis
- David Johansen – Stranded In The Jungle
- Chris Kenner – I Like It Like That
- Ty Taylor – Cha Cha Twist
- The Jimmy Castor Bunch – It’s Just Begun
- Soda Machine – Want Ads
- The Meters – Hand Clapping Song
- Soda Machine – Slippin’ Into Darkness
- Edgar Winter – Frankenstein
- Nasty Bits – Rotten Apple
- Foghat – I Just Want To Make Love To You
Charlie Wilson, Charli XCX, Jessie J, Nate Ruess, Jess Glynne, Trey Songz, DJ Cassidy, Alex Newell have also lent their voices to the show’s soundtrack.