adidas today unveiled new uniforms for nine of its college basketball teams to wear during the 2016 NCAA basketball postseason. The 2016 Made in March uniform collection features design elements that honor each team’s unique identity and school history.
Teams suiting up in the collection include Arizona State University, Indiana University, University of Kansas, University of Miami, Mississippi State University, NC State University, University of Nebraska, Texas A&M, University of and UCLA.
The 2016 Made in March collection is constructed with dual-color contrasts along the jersey collar and short hem and features terrycloth team logos on the short for sweat management during the game’s biggest moments. The design of each short’s waistband pays tribute to the school’s fans, rich tradition and team pride.
- Arizona State University – Designed in Sun Devil maroon, gold and white team colors the tonal sunbeam print along the waistband is a nod to the iconic Arizona desert sunrise.
- Indiana University – Building on its classic look, the Hoosiers will don a tonal ‘Victory Red’ and white pattern along the waistband inspired by the candy-striped warm-ups made famous in the early 70s by legendary head coach Bob Knight and the championship banners that hang in Assembly Hall. The back of the shorts also honor the team’s five national titles with five embroidered stars.
- University of Kansas – Paying homage to the loudest arena in college hoops and the Rock Chalk faithful, the Jayhawks’ shorts feature a soundwave pattern as a nod to Allen Fieldhouse’s unparalleled home-court advantage.
- University of Miami – Inspired by the weather symbol used to denote hurricanes, Miami’s shorts showcase a hurricane cut style print.
- Mississippi State University – Inspired by the Bulldogs’ iconic “Banner” logo introduced in 2004, the new look incorporates a tonal banner stripe along the short’s waistband.
- NC State University – The Wolfpack’s uniform is done up in NC State red and white with a wolf claw mark print along the side of the short.
- University of Nebraska – The Cornhuskers’ shorts display the iconic voltage print used on the team’s warm-ups during Nebraska’s most successful run in the 90s.
- Texas A&M – Drawing on the history of the Lone Star State, the Aggies’ uniforms feature a tonal star print pattern along the waistband.
- UCLA – As a tribute to John Wooden, UCLA’s winningest coach, and his “Pyramid of Success” that ultimately led to competitive greatness, the Bruins’ short displays a tonal pyramid pattern on the waistband.
Players will lace up the latest adidas basketball footwear including special editions of the Crazylight Boost 2.5 Low and D Lillard 2 designed in team colors.
The 2016 Made in March uniforms debut on-court beginning with conference tournament play. Fans can grab their team gear atadidas.com and campus area retailers beginning this March.