Grammy Award winning pianist, producer, composer and recording artist Robert Glasper is teaming up with NYU’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music to lead a journey through music focused on the contributions from legendary jazz artist Miles Davis.
Glasper, the music supervisor for Davis’s biopic Miles Ahead starring Don Cheadle, will teach a seven-class course on the eternal influence and legacy of Miles Davis alongside journalist/professor/producer, Ashley Khan.
“It is such an honor to be teaching at the Clive Davis Institute at NYU,” Glasper said in a statement. “I am really excited about this subject – the music of Miles Davis!!! This is gonna be an incredible journey and can’t wait to get started.”
Glasper isn’t just scoring films and teaching courses, the award winning musician is also gearing up for the release of his own salute to Miles Davis, Everything’s Beautiful, on May 27. The tribute/collaboration effort will have features by Bilal, Erykah Badu, KING, Ledisi and Stevie Wonder among many others.
Earlier this month, Glasper dropped “Violets” featuring Phonte and 9th Wonder and showcases the chopping up one of Davis’ most acclaimed cuts, “Kind Of Blue”.
The class begins on September 6th and students can get more information on the curriculum, along with how to enroll, by checking out the link here.
Everything’s Beautiful Track List:
1. “Talking Sh*t”
2. “Ghetto Walkin” featuring Bilal
3. “They Can’t Hold Me Down” featuring Illa J
4. “Maiysha (So Long)” featuring Erykah Badu
5. “Violets” featuring Phonte
6. “Little Church” featuring Hiatus Kaiyote
7. “Silence Is The Way” featuring Laura Mvula
8. “Song For Selim” featuring KING
9. “Milestones” featuring Georgia Ann Muldrow
10. “I’m Leaving You” featuring John Scofield and Ledisi
11. “Right On Brotha” featuring Stevie Wonder