Suge Knight is now battling to get visitation from his children.
The rap businessman who is fighting murder and attempted murder charges was expecting a visit from his six-year-old son Legend and mother Toi-Linn Kelly on Thursday [July 21]. Suge had a court order signed by the judge overseeing his case last month so he could retain his visitation rights.
According to the New York Daily News, Suge’s lawyer J. Tooson says, “The county jail refused to allow the visit. It’s incredibly frustrating. I don’t even know how to begin to deal with the unfairness.”
When Kelly, who is also engaged to Suge, brought their child to the jail the deputies refused to gain her access. Even with providing proof of the court order, she still was turned away being that their son Legend is a minor, which means no visit for him because it would violate the jail’s protocols of minors being accompanied by an adult during visitation.
Knight’s lawyer says, “I would say this is extremely disheartening considering the amount of court proceedings we had to go through to make it possible for Mr. Knight to see his son. And for them to disregard the court order, it’s a slap in the face of his constitutional rights.”
Suge was found not guilty of killing of a Compton businessman with his truck last January outside of a burger stand. Suge’s time in jail has not been pleasant—he has been a victim of unfair treatment and also plagued by numerous medical scares due to diabetes and blood clots.
Tooson says, “He just wants the same rights afforded to everyone. But the rules always seem to change when it comes to him. Regardless of the court order, regardless of how many times we go to court to advocate for basic fairness and equity, this happens.”