Songstress Demi Lovato has been hospitalized after allegedly overdosing on heroin.
According to TMZ, the “Sorry Not Sorry” singer was rushed to the emergency room on Tuesday (Jul. 24) after being found unresponsive in a home in the Hollywood Hills a few blocks from her home just before noon.
The singer was transported to the hospital and as o press time her condition is currently unknown.
Lovato has been very transparent over the year about her battle with sobriety, revealing at one point she lived in a sober living home after getting released from a treatment center. She had been 6 years sober from alcohol, cocaine, and Oxycontin.
In June, Lovato released her latest single “Sober”, where she revealed that she recently fell off the wagon and was struggling with getting back on her path to being totally sober.
In a YouTube documentary about the singer called Simply Complicated, she opened up about her past drug use, which began when she was 17.
“I felt out of control the first time I did it. My dad was an addict and an alcoholic. Guess I always searched for what he found in drugs and alcohol because it fulfilled him and he chose that over a family.”
Our prayers are definitely with Demi Lovato for a speedy recovery.
We will continue to update as this story develops.