Demi Lovato reportedly suffered from a heroin overdose in her Hollywood Hills home, as per TMZ.
The singer was out celebrating a friend’s birthday on Monday night, and she appeared to be happy in the pictures she uploaded to her Instagram. But she was found unconscious when paramedics arrived Tuesday afternoon. She was treated with Narcan, an emergency treatment for narcotic overdoses.
Demi’s rep tells TMZ, “Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy.”
She has suffered from substance abuse for years. At one point, she was in rehab and had been 6 years sober from alcohol, cocaine and Oxycontin.
Last month she released a song called, “Sober,” where she opened up about her struggle.
Demi just performed on Sunday at the California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles with Iggy Azalea. She is slated to go on the road this week for an upcoming show in Atlantic City, but that’s in the air.