Suge Knight was Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison Miss2Bees October 5, 2018 Hip Hop Community News, Hip Hop News | Trending Hip Hop Stories Former rap mogul, Marion “Suge” Knight was sentenced to 28 years in prison Thursday for the death of a man during a hit-and-run incident outside of the set of the biopic, Straight Outta Compton. Knight, 53, pleaded no contest to manslaughter earlier this month in connection with the death of Terry Carter. The former Death Row Records co-founder has been facing life in jail for Carter’s passing and one count of attempted murder the case of Cle “Bone” Sloan, who was debilitated after Knight hit the duo with his truck. Videos of the incident show a truck driven by Knight maneuvering into the passageway of a Compton restaurant close to the site where the movie was being shot in 2015. The driver of the truck is seen being drawn closer by Sloan, a security guard, and the two men seem to talk for a couple of minutes, while Knight stayed inside the vehicle. All of a sudden, the vehicle backs up, thumping Sloan to the ground. While still backward, the truck moves out of the scope of the surveillance camera. The vehicle is then seen zooming forward, once more into camera go, running over Sloan a second time, and afterward running over a second man, Carter, a former record label owner. Carter later passed on. His family members made emotional victim impact statements in court Thursday. “He never got out of the car, to see if my uncle was okay. This has to be in my family forever. Nothing will be the same. Not even an apology, condolences have been made to my family,” Carter’s niece tearfully stated. Knight, wearing an orange jumpsuit and glasses, had a pensive expression on his face. Relatives voiced their anger towards Knight and said they are haunted by the chilling video. Judge Ronald S. Coen communicated his sensitivity for Carter’s family. A stifled “thank you” could be getting notification from the gallery. The most extreme punishment for intentional murder in California is 11 years in jail, however, that was multiplied on account of Knight’s earlier convictions under the state’s three-strikes law, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said. Knight faced another five years because the conviction is for a serious and violent felony and one additional year for a deadly weapon allegation involving the truck he used.