Almost a year after his death, Nipsey Hussle’s accused killer, Eric Holder, is expected to go on trial as early as April.
During a pre-trial hearing, Judge Robert Perry told Holder that he wanted to get the trial done by April 14. The judge believes the case will only take 2 weeks.
“Mr. Holder, as you know, this is an important case and a serious case. These cases take time to get ready for trial. You have the right to a speedy trial,” Perry said.
“Are you OK that we continue this case, and you come back on March 18 and we do our best to start your trial within 30 days. Are you OK with that?” he asked Holder.
“Yeah,” Holder replied
Nipsey Hussle was murdered in front of his Marathon Clothing Store on March 31st of last year. Last May, his accused killer was indicted on one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. He has since been indicted with two additional counts of assault with a firearm. Holder’s lawyers have tried to get the two attempted murder charges dropped. Those charges were slapped on for the other two victims that were shot when Nipsey was killed.
If convicted, Holder faces life in prison.