Blavity Inc. has unveiled the star-studded lineup for the 2023 AfroTech Conference in Austin, Texas, from Nov. 1 to 5. This annual event connects Black professionals with inclusive tech companies and influencers shaping major corporations’ diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
Speakers include Issa Rae, Timbaland, Maxine Waters, Sade Muhammad, and Bernard Coleman. Leading brands like Google, Meta, and Microsoft will share DEI insights.
AfroTech Music will provide live performances from artists like Rick Ross, DJ Spinderella, and others, with an exclusive after-party featuring Jadakiss.
Summits will cover women, sports, health, product development, and tech innovation. Over 100 speakers will discuss timely topics like responsible AI, sports and tech, leadership in a remote world, and DEI’s impact on marketing and VC trends.
Culture Park will host a marketplace for local Black-owned brands collaborating with Black Makers Market.
The 2022 event had an $18.2 million economic impact on Austin and supported 148 jobs. The 2023 AfroTech Conference is set to continue its legacy of promoting DEI in the tech industry. Don’t miss this transformative event!
AfroTech Conference’s 2023 full agenda is now live HERE and will feature:
- Issa Rae, Emmy-award nominated actor, producer and writer
- Timbaland, iconic producer, artist and entrepreneur
- Maxine Waters, U.S Representative for California’s 43rd congressional district since 1991
- Doug E. Fresh, rapper, record producer, and beatboxer
- Sade Muhammad, TIME CMO
- Detavio Samuels, CEO, REVOLT, the world’s largest Black storytelling engine
- Zinhle Essamuah, award winning journalist and co-anchor of NBC News Daily and network correspondent for NBC News and MSNBC
- Bernard Coleman, Chief Diversity and Engagement Officer at Gusto, a cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management software for businesses
- Wes Eugene, Chief Information Officer, IDEO