Nine years ago, former stripper-turned-Guess model Anna Nicole Smith was found not breathing and unresponsive in a hotel room at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino just outside of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. She was rushed to a local hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Though it shouldn’t have been, the death of Anna Nicole Smith felt shocking and abrupt to many. While the cause of her death was not unlike many celebrity deaths of the last 10 years; a lethal mixture of prescription medications resulting in an overdose, it was arguably the beginning of the pill deaths of the rich and famous. Since then, entertainers have not stopped having careless illegal drug interactions and abusing legal medications, taking the lives of Bobbi Kristina Brown, Amy Winehouse and Heath Ledger.