Bow Wow Admits He ‘Almost Died’ From Cough Syrup Addiction Following Mac Miller Overdose Sha Be Allah September 13, 2018 Hip Hop News | Trending Hip Hop Stories Bow Wow took to Twitter on Monday to urge “the youth” to stop doing drugs in the wake of Mac Miller’s suspected overdose. The 31-year-old performer, born Shad Moss, revealed that his addiction to “lean,” a cough syrup and soda concoction, nearly killed him. To the youth- Stop with these dumb ass drugs. Im going to let something out. When me and omarion worked on FACE OFF album. I was high off lean everyday! When yall saw me on BET going off on torae i was high off lean. My attitude everything changed. My fans started to… — Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018 Turn on me my family too. I never promoted lean in my songs. The whole time i was on the UCP tour with chris I WAS SIPPING 4’s atleast 7 times a day. I was addicted until our show in Cincinnati.. i came off stg and passed out woke up in the hospital i was having withdraws — Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018 I never felt a pain like that ever. It was summer but i was walking round with 3 hoodies on because i was so cold. I missed the chicago show of that tour baltimore show BECAUSE I WAS FUCKING HIGH AND SICK!!!! that shit is not cool and i was doing it to be cool! — Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018 Kick that shit! Be a good son or daughter. Be the best you. Ima start being more vocal. We gotta save the youth from going out early. Parents watch your kids. Explain to them. We want yall to live man. I almost died fucking with syrup. To this day im affected my stomach will — Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018 Never be the same and it hasnt been. DRUG FREE IS THE WAY TO BE! smarten up tighten up out here. We cant lose no more of you. Not one! I love all yall. The young artist all the kids around the world.. dont follow a trend. Break the cycle. PEACE — Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018 Back in December 2007, Bow Wow was hospitalized while on tour with Chris Brown. The Ohio native originally attributed his need for medical attention to “stress and exhaustion” rather than his addiction to lean. Mac Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, was pronounced dead of an apparent overdose on Friday afternoon. Paramedics were called to Miller’s home, where they found the 26-year-old rapper unresponsive. His cause of death has yet to be determined, but PEOPLE sources believe he went into cardiac arrest. “Rest easy young GOD,” Bow Wow wrote on Twitter following the news.