Anyone who has followed The Walking Dead since season one knows that the show has come a long way from it’s inaugural season. It’s maturation is evident in the storytelling, how its shot and the many subtle details that, when unearthed make the show that much enthralling.
With Walking Dead Day approaching, the folks at Cinematica have revealed many fascinating tidbits about the show, 107 in fact. Here are some of the standouts as per Uproxx:
- The Walking Dead logo in the opening title has been decaying season by season, just like the zombies on the show.
- Norman Reedus has Andrew Lincoln’s beard shavings in his fridge, along with Hershel actor Scott Wilson’s ponytail.
- The clocks and watches in the background of the show match up to the season and episode being shown. So a clock showing 5:07 is from the seventh episode of season five.
- Michonne actress Danai Gurira actually smashed Rick in the head during their confrontation in the Alexandria Safe-Zone.
- Animal rights activists were on set to make sure a worm Norman Reedus is shown eating didn’t actually get eaten. He had to spit rather than swallow.
- Morgan actor Lenny James was taught to fight with the staff by Stephen Ho, one of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Norman Reedus cried for an hour before shooting Beth’s death scene.
Enjoy the rest above and catch The Walking Dead midseason premiere on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14 on AMC.